What are the terms and conditions for returning products?
The terms and conditions for buyers returning products on Book Capital are as follows:
1. Reasons for return/refund
Buyers can return products for the following reasons:
· Did not receive the order (e.g. parcel lost in transit)
· Received an incomplete product (e.g. missing parts of product, missing products from order)
· Received the wrong product(s) (e.g. wrong size/colour, different product)
· Received a product with physical damage (e.g. dents, scratches, cracks)
· Received a faulty product (e.g. malfunction, does not work as intended)
· Received a counterfeit product (only for Book Capital Mall)
If buyers wish to return a product due to a change of mind, they can do so if:
· A mutual agreement was made between buyer and seller. The buyer will be required to provide a screenshot of the conversation with the seller as evidence when raising the return/refund request.
· It is for Book Capital Mall products that are eligible for return due to change of mind. Learn more about Book Capital Mall products that are not returnable due to change of mind.
Sellers may raise a dispute if they do not agree with the reason for return/refund. In such cases, Book Capital will investigate the case and provide a fair resolution based on evidence provided by both parties.
2. Evidence submission
Buyers must submit strong photo and/or video evidence that clearly supports the reason for the return/refund, where applicable. Some examples include:
· Photos and/or videos showing product errors or defects (for damaged/faulty products)
· Photos of parcel’s internal and external packaging
Book Capital may request for further supporting documents if:
· Submitted evidence is not of acceptable quality. Clear, high quality evidence must be provided. Evidence that does not support the buyer’s claim will be rejected.
· Seller raises a dispute towards the case and evidence is required for further investigation.
3. Return of products
Buyers should ensure that returned products are properly packed to avoid damage during shipment to the return address.
Buyers should prepare the following supporting documents in case there is a need to dispute a seller’s rejection of the return product(s):
· Official proof of shipment with information such as delivery service, receipt number, sender/recipient names, contact number, and shipping address.
· Other evidence that shows an agreement was reached (especially if the buyer is returning using a non-traceable mailing option).
4. Return Postage
Book Capital may cover the return postage up to a certain limit, depending on the nature of your return/refund.